Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the 2021 African Congress on Sickle Cell Disease will be powered by the Whova Virtual Event Platform. The Whova platform works widely on both web based devices (such as desktop computers and laptops) and mobile devices as well. There will be all sorts of opportunities for participants to connect, learn and engage through Whova!
Zoom will be the main video conferencing software used by the live presenters during the congress. To access the Live Sessions via Zoom, you will use a hidden link provided for congress registrants in the Whova App. Links to pre-recorded videos will also be accessed through the Whova App.
Whova will allow attendees to access the program, interact with the speakers and organizers and also access the livestream sessions. In particular, the features offered by Whova are as follows:
- View the Congress Agenda and plan your personalized schedule
- Access Livestreams and Videos directly within sessions and use the session Q&A
- Set up Virtual meet-ups with your fellow attendees to connect remotely
- Create and converse through various Discussion Topics in the Community Board
- Receive timely updates (e.g. last minute session changes from the organizers):
Please check the following guide to know more about Whova: How-to-guide