Selected from a call for abstracts, The Sickle Cell in-Focus sessions zoom in on very timely, specific and topical subjects around sickle cell disease.
The Sickle Cell in-Focus sessions presents a dedicated space for presenters who wish to discuss topical subjects at the Congress in a forum outside the themed Scientific and Technical Sessions.
All interested individuals, including academics and graduate students are welcome to apply. Presentations of a company promotional nature are not appropriate for this forum.
In order to be considered for presentation, you must apply using the online submission form. All applications will be reviewed and presentation opportunities will be assigned based on your application. Speaking slots are not assigned on a first-come first-served basis.
The Selection Committee strongly encourages and prioritizes proposals that cover topics such as:
- Sickle cell disease prevention
- Personalized medicine – a reality for sickle cell disease?
- Comorbidity and sickle cell disease – addressing the hidden burdens
- Drug addiction and sickle cell – how and why we should act
- Psychosocial impact of living with sickle cell disease
- Empowering the young generation and building new leadership in sickle cell control
APPLICATIONThe proposals should be written in English only and processed through the online form linked below. Applications shold follow the Call For Abstracts Guidelines
All submissions must be received by Friday, March 19, 2021. Please complete the form linked below to submit your idea for consideration.
SUBMIT YOUR PROPOSAL HERE