The 2019 Patient Pavilion was a welcome feature at the inaugural congress and was designed to strengthen and highlight the voices of patients from Africa and rest of the world through a dedicated platform for shared learning and collaborative exchanges amongst patient support groups, patient advocates and healthcare professionals. With it’s successful reception, the initiaive will once again feature in the virtual program at the 2021 Congress.
We encourage the community of patient supports groups, patient advocates and healthcare professionals to join the 2021 Virtual Congress program and submit proposals for presentations in line with the main Congress tracks and the specific themes proposed for the Pavilion’s program here below.
In order to be considered for a Patient Pavilion opportunity, you must apply using the online submission form. All applications will be reviewed and presentation opportunities will be assigned based on your application.
In order to ensure a streamlined educational program that resonates with the Congress’ international audience, we will prioritise proposals that meet the following criteria:
- Aligned with one of the three overarching themes. A series of topics are proposed under each one of them:
- Patient Voices
- Patient Support
- Organizational development
- Topic of global interest and not relevant to one institution only
- Clear objectives and outcomes, including implementation processes and results (if feasible)
- Pragmatic and solution-oriented examples
- Evidence-based practice
- Innovative ideas or approaches
- Cross-sector, cross-country or cross-organisational collaboration
- Methods/tools that might be replicated and/or adapted by the other participants
APPLICATIONACSCD encourage speakers to submit proposals that are aligned with the overaching theme of the Patient Pavilion. The proposals should be written in English only and processed through the online form linked below.
All submissions must be received by Friday, March 19, 2021. Please complete the form linked below to submit your idea for consideration.
SUBMIT YOUR IDEA HERE