Learn from experts and reserchers during these in-depth educational sessions as they share key insights and case studies throughout this exclusive series of presentations. We invite all interested parties to submit proposals for inclusion in educational program at the 2021 Virtual Congress.
In order to be considered for a Educational Session opportunity, you must apply using the online submission form. All applications will be reviewed by the Selection Committee and session opportunities will be assigned based on your application.
Recognizing that not all submissions will be included in the schedule, The Selection Committee’s priorities are proposals that have the following attributes:
- A clear definition of the ideal audience you are targeting.
- Global voices and perspectives included(where relevant).
- Diversity of presenter expertise, workplace affiliations and areas of focus.
- New, innovative topics and information that is gaining traction in the field.
- Educational value not available elsewhere.
- Thought-provoking key takeaways for attendees.
- Specific plan for audience engagement, such as through the question and answer period for the session.
- Program Chairs who can lead the discussion and facilitate interaction among presenters. Program Chair must also facilitate all session and speaker preparations leading up to and during the Virtual Congress.
Prior to acceptance, the Selection Committee may request submitters to merge proposals on similar topics or that have significant overlap. This is to minimize repetition and produce a quality session. Any requested changes to the session proposal will be communicated to the Program Chairs
Potential Proposal Topics
- New insights into sickle cell pain crises assessment and management
- Innovation and change: challenges and progress of small scale prevention programs in low income countries
- Sickle cell disease and stigma
- Sickle Cell Trait
- Impact of social stigma on coping with sickle cell disease
- Chronic organ damage in Sickle Cell Disease
- Reproduction in Women
- Sickle Cell Disease and Gene Therapy
- Hydroxyurea and other therapies
- Mental Health in Sickle Cell Disease
- Newborn Screening
- Sickle Cell Disease in the Age of Covid-19
All sessions are 60 minutes in length. Each session will have One (1)Program Chair and a maximum of two (2) speakers, with each speakers afforded a presentation time of 20 minutes each. See sample 60-minute session agenda below:
- 5 min – Program Chair opens session (incl., objectives, Program Chair disclosures, speaker introductions)
- 20 min – First speaker’s presentation.
- 20 min – First speaker’s presentation
- 13 mins – Q&A facilitated by the Program Chair
- 2 min – Program Chair to close the session
APPLICATIONACSCD encourage submissions that meet all of the attributes for a successful session even if you are yet to fully identify all speakers. Please submit the session without the full speaker list and indicate in the description if assistance is needed in identifying speakers.
All submissions must be received by Friday, March 19, 2021. Please complete the form linked below to send your application for consideration.
SUBMIT YOUR PROPOSAL HERE