The African Cafe micro sessions at ACSCD 2021 is a platform for individuals and organizations to present innovative and ground-breaking concepts, initiatives or projects committed to addressings challenges, barriers and furthering sickle cell control especially in the African Region.
Participants are given 10 to 15 minutes to present, using a slide deck that auto advances every 30 seconds. Presentation format will be pre-recorded, with special live presentation option awarded to innovative ideas/projects.
If you want to present or see sharp, punchy ideas, innovative projects and impact driven initiatives then this forum is for you.
In order to be considered for presentation, you must apply using the online submission form. All applications will be reviewed and presentation opportunities will be assigned based on your application. Speaking slots are not assigned on a first-come first-served basis.
Recognizing that not all proposals can be included in the schedule, the selection committee’s priorities will be:
- Active programs with ongoing implementation and monitoring flow
- Programs and Initiatives launching soon. (usually later in the year)
- Emerging or established projects, organizations and societies that demonstrate best practices and a committment to sickle cell control in Africa
- Innovative projects and Ideas
- Organizations with exhibit booth within the Africa Hub qualify with an edge.
APPLICATIONThe proposals should be written in English only and processed through the online form linked below.
All submissions must be received by Friday, March 19, 2021. Please complete the form linked below to submit your idea for consideration.
MAKE YOUR SUBMISSION HERE