Media Registration & Resources
The African Congress on Sickle Cell Disease is set to be a major international event for the sickle cell community of Africa and will attract the biggest names in sickle cell disease research and care, offer key networking and partnering opportunities, and provide insights, inspiration and recommendations on major trends affecting sickle cell control. This event is a “can’t miss event” for reporters covering all aspects of sickle cell disease and public health, including research, policy, advocacy and initiatives and the international sickle cell community.
Media Registration for ACSCD 2019 is Now Open
Media Registration Guidelines
The African Congress on Sickle Cell Disease provides many opportunities for news stories. Complimentary registration is available to applicants with valid press credentials and media is invited to attend all programs. ACSCD will review submissions in the order they are received and send notification within 48 hours. Instructions for receiving a complimentary media badge will be sent to all approved media.
Media Registration Categories
Affiliated/Credentialed Media (Broadcast, Online, Newspapers, Magazines, Newsletters, etc.)
Please be advised you may be asked to provide valid press credentials which include:
- A by-lined article published by their employing news agency within the past six months
- A copy of publication masthead listing the individual’s primary position as an editor or reporter
- Official photo identification issued by employing news agency or government
Freelance writers may apply for complimentary media registration and must present the following:
- A signed letter on company letterhead from your assignment editor confirming your assignment to cover the event
- A by-lined story appearing in a verifiable print or electronic publication dated within the last six months
Bloggers will be considered for media registration on a case-by-case basis, and must provide at least two or three of their most recent blog posts on a sickle cell related subject for consideration.
- Marketing executives, sales representatives, public relations executives, analysts, consultants, authors and researchers may not register as media.
- Advanced media registration is encouraged for all types of media including web-based, college and freelance reporters.
- ACSCD is available to assist you with contacting represented organizations and speakers, and setting up interviews. Please contact the Congress Secretariat if you need assistance.
Video Crews at ACSCD
Registered media and corporate crews interested in bringing a film crew will need to coordinate with the ACSCD Communications team to clearly define footage requests, specifically related to shooting the Exhibit floor (both prior to and during the event), sessions, receptions, and open areas.
Video Crew Categories:
- Random Roving / Corporate Crews
Roving crews will need to sign a waiver acknowledging compliance with Convention safe practices procedures.
- Educational Sessions
Specific crews may request to shoot on an individual basis (after working with ACSCD to obtain permission by the speakers/panelists to shoot).
- In-Booth Recording
Exhibitors may choose to retain video crew for in-booth activity. Both the vendor and crew must communicate with ACSCD prior to entering Congress and provide list of planned shots. If any shots include other vendors, companies must receive approval to use content.
Contact the Congress Secretariat to make arrangements
Amenities and Services
We offer a variety of amenities and services to help you while onsite, including:
- A work room with internet, printers.
- Private and semi-private interview space for registered reporters.
- A Press Conference rooms with seating for up to 40, a podium including a microphone and sound system, LCD projector and a projection screen.
Please contact the Congress Secretariat if you have any questions about services and amenities.
Looking to engage media and create a buzz at the Congress?