Thanks to the Congress Virtual Platform, you’ll have many opportunities to interact with other attendees!
We’d much rather meet in person, but since we can’t do that this time — we’ll setup all sorts of opportunities for small group discussions, mentoring, networking and engaging with other participants.
Here’s some ways you’ll be able to interact virtually during ACSCD2021:
- Virtual Lobby with set times – Join other attendees to chat casually!
- Breakfast Roundtables – Small group breakout discussions to talk about important (and complicated) sickle cell topics & issues
- BYO Cocktails Anyone – Conversations with Friendly Eats and Drinks! Join others in a Zoom room for conversation, networking and a chance to make some new friends.
- Conversations with a Colleague – Join us to chat about pre-arranged topics in a super casual way. Hop around to the different groups, stay for a bit or the whole time.
- Interest Group Meetings – Evening sessions with different interest themes so you can meet and connect with other peoples who share similar interests as you!
- Trivia Game – Square off against other participants for a night of fun with challenging sickle cell related trivia questions. Prizes handed out randomly throughout the evening, plus to the winners.
- Mentoring – When you register, you have the choice of signing up to be a mentor or to request a mentor. We’ll get you in touch with each other before the meeting, and encourage you to attend similar sessions and setup video meet-ups afterwards to talk about what you’ve learned.
- Q&A sessions – Ask questions in general sessions, submitted paper sessions, and workshops – and get immediate responses from the experts in our field.
- Within Whova —
- Browse attendee profiles and use the app to chat and connect
- Business card scanning and exchanging
- Chat – either one-on-one, or setup a group
- Through the Whova Community Discussion Board – you’ll see what we mean once you log on to the Whova App! The discussion boards will get busy long before the meeting begins!
- Meet-ups – Whova lets any attendee setup and announce a virtual meetup, and they also provide the video platform.
- And more! Whova is pretty amazing at getting people connected.