Online Volunteer Opportunities
The Congress is a great opportunity to be part of an international meeting, with exposure to SCD experts from around the world, connect and meet other volunteers, and to meet inspiring people from all walks of life. Save money and network with industry professionals while attending the Virtual Congress! Volunteer your time and receive free access to congress sessions when not on duty.
Volunteers will be required to attend a 90-minute online orientation session and will be scheduled for up to 8 hours of online session monitoring from Tuesday, May 25 to Saturday, May 29. Shifts may be scheduled on more than one day.
Applicants must be tech savvy, have their own computer and reliable high speed internet access.
Volunteers will work from their own home, using the online virtual platform to monitor sessions at the Virtual Congress. Volunteer duties will include:
- utilizing an online messaging platform (e.g. MS Teams, Slack) for instant communication with the ACSCD team
- watching assigned sessions for audio and video quality issues
- monitoring live session chats for questions, technical issues and inappropriate content
- providing low-level technical support (standardized responses will be provided) and escalate other issues for higher level technical support
- after each shift, completing a short debrief form to summarize any session issues and actions taken
Online training will be provided in advance.